Saturday 28 January 2012

Something Different!

Happy Saturday Everyone!


The sun is shining here in Doncaster! I haven't seen it all week so I am quite enjoying the rays this morning whilst drinking my morning cuppa!


Today I thought I'd share a card I made for a friends husband. It was his 50th birthday and she wanted something different for him! Apparently he loves playing darts and is in the local team, so that's where this idea came from!


First of all I embossed and glittered the numbers 50 and put them to one side. I found some brown, wood effect paper in my stash that I had completely forgot about. It fitted into my theme perfectly! I then lightly sanded it to give a more worn look. 

I found some images on the internet of some old fashioned hinges which I copied and then cut out. I then attached the hinges onto the wood effect paper using some black brads, to give the impression of screws.

The numbers 50 where then attached in such a way as to hold the card closed


Inside I used some black card, marked using a white pencil, to give the impression of using white chalk on a chalk 'scoring board'. Then attached a glittery gold Happy birthday on one side. On the other side I made a beer jug and added some frothy topping! I used some snowtex, to give a 3d effect (can't see it clearly in the photo though!)

I then added some background paper and a dart board. A few gems and hey presto a dart board card was made!


I always get a little stuck with making men's cards, but was quite pleased with how this turned out! I believe he was also so pleased with it, he took it to the next darts match to show the lads!!!

I'm going to enter this card into the following challenges:


ABC Challenges - H for Happy Birthday
Cards for men - Boys and their Toys
Make it Monday - Anything goes
Truly Scrumptious - Something forgotten

Thanks so much for popping by and I hope that you like this slightly different card! Have a fabulous weekend!


Big hugs X


2 comments:

  1. This is just fabulous Debs, what a brilliant idea.. great male card...superb

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Debs..Check out Chrissy's blog!
    Big Hugs,
    Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete