Saturday 21 January 2012

The Golden years!

Morning Everyone,


Thanks so much for my lovely comments last week. It was fabulous to hear from you!
This week I have a birthday card that I made for a young lady who turned 80!!
I coloured the digi image using my prisma pencils and then lightly glittered the middle of the flowers (You can't see it very well on this photo!).
I then inked the edges of the paper and the image with Tim Holtz distressing ink.
I cut the 80 using my cuttlebug and then triple embossed the numbers with gold embossing powder. 
The green ribbon edges are actually tucked under the card so there were no free edges sticking out. Just liked the look of it and thought I'd try it for a change.
The cream rose looked lost when I first put it on so it got some burgundy ink treatment to its edges to make it stand out. Lastly some gold corners just added that finishing touch!



Card Recipe
Image is a digi called 'Sweet Pea Flowers' from Priscilla Styles
Flowers and Lace from Wild Orchid Crafts
Ribbon from MeiFlower
Paper from Papermania (I've had it that long I can't remember the collection! sorry!)

Lastly I decorated the inside to complement the front. I coloured a second image as above, then cut the individual flowers out and made a smaller posy for the inside!



I'm going to enter this card into the following challenges:
Raise The Bar - Ring in the new year
2 Sisters Challenge - Embossing
The Pixie Cottage- Embossing
Make it Monday - Anything goes

Thanks for looking! Hope that you all have a great weekend! Its a bit of a windy one here today!!


big hugs X

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and the embossing the number is stunning.
    Thank you for playing at The Pixie Cottage this week.
    Francy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Deb, this card is just stunning!! love the colours and the papers you have chosen go with this image so perfectly..Love that ribbon:)
    Biggest of hugs
    Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS creation...inside and out! Love the circle elements and I know your 80 year young friend will adore this card! Thanks for playing along with us at Raise the Bar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bee-utiful card. Your coloring is wonderful. Also, like the embellishing, papers used & finished look of inside of card. Thanks for entering Raise the Bar Ring in the New Year Circle challenge.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com
    Guest Bar-Tender at Raise the Bar

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful Debs...she will just love her cars. I love the decorated inside, just finishes it off perfectly..


    Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Debs! What a gorgeous card!! I saw you on MIM anc came by to visit. :)
    Hugs,
    Dorcas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love your coloring, it is gorgeous, I am experimenting with these pencils and it is heartening to see such lovely coloring, I saw you at MIM

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really fab. Love tis colour combo and design. Saw it on MIM and had to come in for a closer look. Glad I did. TFS. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colors. So fabulous! Great work on the embossing. This card is really beautiful.

    accommodation albury wodonga

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow this is so perfect for any man, but he is going to love the dart board theme.
    Thanks for becoming my latest Follower xxx
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete